Eastside Primary Care and Wellness would like to introduce a new method for shedding those unwanted pounds. Losing weight with the HCG diet has been found to be the quickest way to lose weight without sacrificing your health and metabolism. Many people lose a pound a day and sometimes more. Imagine a month from now weighing 30 pounds less!
A Little History
HCG is the acronym for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, a substance produced by the placenta during pregnancy in large amounts.
HCG for weight loss was discovered by British endocrinologist, Dr. A.T.W. Simeons. Dr. Simeons, while studying pregnant women on a calorie-deficient diet, and “fat boys” with pituitary problems (Frölich’s syndrome) treated his patients low-dose HCG, claimed that both groups lost fat rather than muscle. He theorized that HCG must be programming the hypothalamus (part of the brain that deals with hormones) to do this in these patients in order to protect the developing fetus by promoting mobilization and removal of abnormal, excessive fat deposits. We have based our HCG diet on his original weight loss protocol.
How Does it Work?
The HCG diet protocol works by telling the hypothalamus to release your stored body fat. A small amount of HCG hormone can cause your stored body fat to be released. The HCG diet is effective in both males and females.
The calories you eat on the HCG diet protocol are low, typically 500 calories a day. The HCG diet plan is restrictive to prevent the fat cells from storing new fat and the new fat from being stored in the adipose tissues while you are actively on the HCG diet.
Remember there are 3 primary sources of fuel for the body.
- Protein, Carbohydrates and Fats.
- Your body will use Carbohydrates 1st, then Protein 2nd and Fat 3rd , when it can.
- By restricting your intake while on the HCG diet protocol of carbohydrates and fats, you are forcing your body to use your body’s stored fat, from your fat cells, first for energy.
- This adipose tissue, body fat, will be released by the HCG hormone while on the HCG diet protocol into your blood stream and fuel your body while the excess gets excreted as waste.
Phase 1 Schedule
Days 1 and 2
- Take the HCG drops (0.5 mL under the tongue) once a day.
- Eat as often as you like throughout the day. This will increase your body’s fat storage to prepare you for the 500 calorie per day limit on day 3 – 42
- Drink 1 gallon of bottle spring water throughout the day.
Days 3 – 40
Weigh yourself in the morning when you wake up without clothing and after you have emptied your bladder.
- Take the HCG drops (0.5 mL under the tongue) first thing in the morning or in evening.
- Drink 1 gallon of bottle spring water/tea/coffee throughout the day.
- You may only eat things on the Phase 1 diet list. Your caloric intake should not exceed 500 calories per day, which consists of protein, vegetable and fruit.
- Take the Energy Xtra supplement (2 capsules with food) every morning.
- Drink a Protein Shake (1 scoop in 8 oz of water) every morning.
Days 41 – 42
Continue to follow the phase 1 diet on days 41 – 42 because the HCG will remain in your system for 24 to 48 hours.
Diet Guide (quick tips)
500 calorie/day breakdown:
- 300 calories of protein per day
- 120 calories of fruit per day
- 80 calories of vegetables per day
- Bottled spring water
- Organic black coffee (no creamer, no dairy, no sugar)
- Organic green tea
- Organic herbal teas
- Drink plenty of tea and bottle spring water.
- You may have fruit for breakfast and have the second fruit any time through out the day as long as it is 3 hours before bed.
Lunch and Dinner:
- Eat 100 grams, approx. 3.5 oz. of protein (size of the palm of the hand).
- Use organic coconut oil (do not use butter or margarine).
- Vegetables can be eaten raw, steamed, or grilled.
- 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, and 2 fruits per day.
- NO nuts, soy/tofu, legumes (beans), or dairy (milk, yogurt, cheese).
- NO starchy carbs like rice, bread or pasta (except for Melba toast or Grissini breadsticks).
- NO starchy vegetables like corn, peas, carrots or potatoes.
- Use Stevia as a sweetener. NO sugar or artificial sweeteners (Splenda, Nutrasweet).